Little Village

RedCrystal
Atom Site Feed 

Contemplations by Alan McBee

Recent entries

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Something worth writing?

Michele has pointed out that I haven't added any thoughts here lately, and she said she likes my thoughts. Trouble is, I don't have burning issues that I just have to share, so very little leaps out as "Oh, man, I just gotta blog this!!"

That said, I do like to clarify my own thoughts on things, and writing helps. Things in general. Michele agreed to provide the seed of the thought, by asking a question or requesting that I comment on something we may have talked about. Trouble is, she didn't answer the phone so I don't have a seed yet.

So I'll just stall for time by endorsing some commercial products. No, I won't be receiving any kind of consideration for anything for this endorsement. Just plain old "I like it" endorsements.

I like MSN Music. In seconds, I was able to buy and download the entire Great White North album, and play The Twelve Days of Christmas track for Hunter, who knows the voices of Bob and Doug McKenzie only as Rutt and Took, the moose from Disney's Brother Bear. He liked the song [sheds a tear of pride from his eye]. A couple of days ago, I had downloaded the song All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth; this is the version I remember from my childhood, when all we had was a small tape casette recorder (the battery-powered kind a little smaller than a shoebox) and two tapes with Christmas songs that we wore out. Thank God for digital media. You'd know why I played this song for Hunter if you saw him. He's really unhappy about the big gap in his smile.

I like my Nalgene water bottle. 1 liter. Clear red acrylic or polycarbonate or something. Oh, Lexan (I had to look it up). Wide mouth. Bought at REI. Troubles me not a bit when I hear the regularly scheduled Scary Local News Investigative Report "Is Your Water Bottle Killing You?"

Not super keen on raw almonds. Michele bought almonds for me at Bel Air. I wanted Tamari roasted almonds, but she didn't find them, so she did the next best thing (thank you, Michele) and bought the raw almonds.

Think Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar with Almonds, without the milk chocolate. They're not bad; a little harder to chew, but still good flavor. But I think I will go back to Tamari almonds.

Okay, that's it. If you are a marketer and want me to endorse your product, send me a free sample, and if I like it, I'll endorse it. See? That's easy.

Alan 12/15/2004 01:48:00 PM #

Comments:
Okay, mental note--NO RAW ALMONDS. This would explain Hunter only eating three yesterday..sorry.

--Michele
 
Post a Comment

Archives

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Home
Copyright 2004 by Alan McBee. All rights reserved.